Sump Pump Permit
In accordance with City Ordinance 4753 of the Grand Forks Municipal Code, the residential property identified below is requesting a seasonal sump pump/foundation drain waiver subject to the following conditions.
- The permit shall remain in effect as long as the property listed below remains eligible for a permit under City Code provisions or the property owner requests otherwise.
- Sump pump/foundation drain discharge to the sanitary sewer is prohibited from May 1 to October 14. Random, unannounced inspections by City staff or its designated representatives may be conducted during this period.
- Interior Residential Sump pump/foundation drain discharge to the sanitary sewer may be allowed from October 15 to April 30 with approved permit*.
- Multi-family Sump Pump/Foundation drain discharge to the sanitary sewer may be allowed from October 15 to April 30 with approved permit. These permits will be approved on a case by case basis by the Water Works Division and approvals will be responded to by email.(Call 701-746-2631 for more information).
- The property owner agrees to be charged an additional monthly fee on their utility bill if such charge is established by Resolution of the City Commission.
- The property owner agrees to strictly comply with the provisions of City Ordinance 4753 of the Grand Froks Municipal Code or be subject to the surcharge penalty for non-compliance.
- All connections to the sanitary sewer system shall be made by a plumber licensed by the City of Grand Forks.
*Exterior sump pumps or surface water connections are excluded in this application process. Call 701-746-2631 for more information.